If you sustain an Athletic injury during a practice or a game:
- If you have a injury you need to report to your coach
- Judson University Athletic Trainers for evaluation, treatment and referral.
- Meet with the athletic trainer to file the claim paperwork in a TIMELY MANNER.
- Trainers will refer athlete to Health Services
- Health Services will review and go over all the information for claim submission
- You need to take your insurance card provide to by the university along with you primary insurance card to all providers(doctors, physical therapists, imaging and all others).
- Your primary insurance is always billed first with the athletic insurance as a supplemental.
Information from WELLFLEET INSURANCE
How to File Athletic Injury Claims to Wellfleet:
Athletic Trainers are responsible for completing their portion of the Athletic Injury Claim form
in the event of a sport injury. Student athletes are responsible for making sure all
medical providers have insurance information needed to submit a bill. When talking to your
healthcare provider, please provide them with your personal family insurance information first.
Next, make sure to let your medical providers know that you also have athletic insurance provided
by your College/University, which is administered by the Wellfleet Group and provide them
the following information:
1. All claims related to an Athletic Injury should be mailed to:
Wellfleet Group, LLC PO Box 15369
Springfield, MA 01115-5369
2. If your medical provider will not send a bill to Wellfleet, try to obtain a copy of the
itemized bill (CMS-1500 or UB-04) or dental bill(s) from the provider. The itemized bill(s)
• Provider’s name and address;
• Provider’s Tax ID Number;
• Diagnosis Code (ICD-10);
• Date of service;
• Type(s) of service or procedure code (CPT code);
• Provider cost for each procedure.
3. The Sport Accident Plan pays for covered expenses that are in excess of other valid and
collectible insurance. If the athlete is covered by other insurance, ALL BILLS MUST FIRST BE
SUBMITTED TO THE ATHLETE’S PRIMARY INSURANCE COMPANY FOR PAYMENT before Wellfleet can
4. Once their primary insurance has paid and/or rejected the claim, the Explanation of
Benefits (EOB) will also need to be submitted with the bills.
5. Send a copy of the itemized bill and EOB to Wellfleet.
6. Please do not submit balance due, balance forward or past due statements for payment.
Sending in these types of statements will only delay payment. Only an itemized bill from the
provider will be acceptable for payment.
Wellfleet Customer Service Department – 877-657-5039.