Download/view Judson University's Sexual Misconduct Survivor's Rights brochure, which explains in plain language options and resources for survivor's of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking.
(.pdf, 75K)

Visit Our New Office!

Campus Safety recently moved into the Plant Operations building located near the Tennis Courts. The entrance for the Campus Safety Office is on the south side of the building (near the Creekside bridge). Please visit our new location for a parking permit, ID card, or just to say hi! If we are not in the office then we are probably out patrolling. Please give us a call at 847-622-9999 and we will return to assist you.

Who We Are

The Department of Campus Safety is tasked with ensuring the safety of the Judson University community. Officers support the academic mission of the University and are selected for their Christian commitment. Campus Safety is a non-sworn agency and officers do not have arrest powers, but the department has working relationships with the Elgin Police Department, Kane County Forest Preserve Police, and Rockford Police Department. Campus Safety Officers are trained and equipped to use the expandable baton, handcuffs, pepper spray, and the Taser, and may detain individuals believed to have committed crimes or for safety reasons. Campus Safety maintains 24/7 presence on the Elgin campus and patrols on foot, bicycle, golf cart and vehicle. Campus Safety is present at the Rockford campus during times when classes are in session.
The Department of Campus Safety is licensed by the State of Illinois as an EMS Non-Transport Provider through Advocate Sherman Hospital, with most Campus Safety staff licensed at the EMT-b level. EMT staff are equipped for life-saving intervention including administration of oxygen, EpiPen, albuterol and automated defibrillator. All department personnel receive training in CPR/AED use, controlling severe bleeding via tourniquet use and other methods, and other life safety techniques.
To reach us on-duty at the Elgin campus, call 847-622-9999 from your cell phone (save that number now).
If you want us to be able to reach you in an emergency, sign up for Nixle text message alerts. Text JUSTUDENT to 888777 if you are on the Elgin campus and JUROCKFORD to 888777 if you are a Rockford student.

One Cards

Judson University Campus Safety issues campus One Cards that combine all campus functions (dining, copying, Chapel attendance and facility access) into a single card! New students to Judson will be issued this card during orientation at no charge. Replacement cards (lost or stolen) are $25 charged to Student Accounts.

Vehicle Registration Starts August!

All student and employee cars brought on campus must be registered with the Office of Campus Safety. To receive a parking permit, please visit the Campus Safety office at Eastview. You must show proof of insurance to be issued a parking permit. You will also need to have your license plate number. As in the past, a standard parking permit costs $60 per semester, billed to Student Accounts. For a premium pass upgrade, which allows parking in all student lots at all times, the fee is $150 per semester. The premium pass does not permit parking in staff, visitor or other non-student parking areas during restricted times.
Your vehicle is not registered until you have a permit for it. Vehicles not registered may be subject to citations, a vehicle boot, and additional fines.
Note that vehicle registration is conducted directly through program administrators for most non-trad programs which meet exclusively in the evenings. If you have any questions, please contact or call 847-628-2492.
Campus Safety is now providing training and certification in BCon, an NAEMT-authored program intended to stop severe bleeding and stabilize a patient during emergency situations. This is not a typical first aid class, but shows you how to save a life if someone is severely injured, including the use of a tourniquet and wound-packing techniques to stop massive bleeding. The class takes about two hours, and will be offered regularly during the summer and academic year. For more information, contact Nick Salzmann, at, or Bo Sisarica, at